Monday 16 November 2015

Autumn Colours

Last week I had a play with my alcohol inks on vellum and have made a journal page out of one of my samples.

The theme this month at Art Journal Journey is Autumn Colours.


I started with a piece of vellum that had green leaves printed on it, I dripped the alcohol inks and spread the ink by blowing through a straw, when I was happy with the result I stamped some leaves [La Blanche stamp] with black archival ink.


The words are printed on vellum and I've had them in my stash for years, I attached them to white paper with some brads and then attached them to my page with double sided tape. I drew the pumpkin, coloured it with coloured pencils and cut it out, I glued it to the page together with some punched out leaves.


Thank you for looking.
xxx Hazel.




10 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous Hazel - a glorious autumnal page for Art Journal Journey! Many thanks to you !
    Happy new week!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours and artwork

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful art work for autumn hazel,love this.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This is stunning. Perfect fall piece. I've forgotten about alcohol inks and maybe need to pull mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. I'm loving the depth to this xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The glow of the alcohol inks is just perfect for the autumn colours - lovely!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This worked perfectly - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Hazel! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. My father's parents were born in Kent! :)

    ReplyDelete