Sunday 22 March 2015

The Documented Life - Week 6

Still trying to play catch up with the DLP. The theme for February is Layers You Will Love. For week 6 we had to use as many layers as possible.

I'd like to share my pages with Bumblebees and Butterflies - A Visual Journey 12

Here are my finished pages, I tried to count the layers as I went along but lost count.


I thought I'd have a go at doing a collage.


This was my first layer, I glued patterned paper the the pages.


I scraped white paint over the pages and added my calendar.


I coloured the pages with acrylic paint and gelatos.


I stencilled the rays and hearts with gesso and coloured them with brushos. I lost count of the layers at this stage. The houses were drawn onto patterned paper, cut out and glued to the pages. I found a piece of paper that had small squares over it and some of the squares had people and animals looking out of them so I used these for the windows. I stencilled some trees with felt tips.


I used Faber-Castell pitt pens to colour and add shading to the houses I also used a white sharpie to take out some of the colour of the hearts and add a fence at the bottom. I added a cut out tree and some rub ons.

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your funky houses, Hazel. Interesting, too, to see how you built up the layers. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely journal pages Hazel! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely artwork with beautiful images

    Locve Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel - this is such a happy piece! I love your colors and all those little hearts, and houses are a special favorite! Wonderful, uplifting piece! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Love what you did Hazel! I can't find an email for you can you contact me (maria) regarding the Mixed Media Mojo Dt challenge? riaann at optonline dot net thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pages Hazel. Love your funky houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last page with its added pencil work just pops it and gives it the WOW factor. This is fabulous Hazel. Love it!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah! Lovely pages Hazel, love all the colours and those wonderful houses :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Hazel, love how you've built up the layers here, your final pages looks stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely brilliant, I love all those fab layers & the houses Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Hazel and I love all those layers!
    Love the way you used the Pitt pens - gives a real depth! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this Hazel, I loved following your process steps to see how you added to each new layer exploring, colour, shapes and movement. I love your imaginary hamlet and how you have drawn and cut your houses from patterned papers and made them bright and bold contrasting with the black silhouette of the tree. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Hazel,
    These pages are far to beautiful to be hidden in a journal.Your work is wonderful.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pages, love them, lots of things to see.

    ReplyDelete